Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'm a little late with a Mother's Day tribute. I was in Vegas, enjoying the 100 degree weather! Leading up to Mother's Day, I'd been thinking a lot about a quote from President Hinckley (read on.) because I missed posting on the day we "celebrate moms," I thought I'd save the post for my mom's birthday. So--Happy Birthday Mom! Thanks for all you've taught me and the sacrifices you continue to make for me and my family.


"All Because Two People Fell in Love." Some might see pictures like these and think that phrase is cheesy, but I find it inspiring. And equally inspiring--in a September 1988 Ensign, President Gordon B. Hinckley said this--"When you save a girl, you save generations." Whether you are a church going Mom or not, that is a powerful quote. The power of one good woman has far reaching affects.



I am especially grateful to my mom for her example. She reared 12 kids. All are hardworkers and have started families of their own. They continue to follow in her footsteps, raising good kids. So far, she has influenced 12 children, plus 39 grandkids--40 and 41 arrive this summer.
Robb's mom joined the LDS Church when she was 18. Her decision influenced her parents', and they were baptized. She later introduced her boyfriend to the church, they married, had five boys, and now have 22 grandkids.


Crazy, right?



I'm thankful to all of the women in my life who have shaped me and made me the person I am today….sisters, family, friends, teachers, leaders, mentors and of course, my Mom. You are amazing!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hooray to moms! I hope you had a happy Mother's day yourself :)