Friday, April 29, 2011

Airplane, wedding and a yellow cardigan.

What do these three things have in common? My "sisters trip" to California. A couple of weekends ago, I boarded a plane with three of my sisters and one cute little newborn named Tucker. We headed straight for Sacramento to visit Janalee, go to my cousin Carrie's daughter's wedding and meet up with my mom and dad who drove to Cali. Why? We were in search of a beautiful wedding, a tour of Janalee's newly remodeled home and some sunshine. Because I seriously miss Mr. Sunshine's face. It was crazy fun and a much needed getaway. And Mr. Sun--he didn't dissapoint. My sisters are amazing. I wish all seven of them could have been there. I am blessed to have them in my life. It was so fun to catch up, shop, dine and just hang out together. My cousins wedding was beautiful. I think my favorite part of the wedding was when Jessica's new hubby played a piano piece he had written for her. It reminded me of my wedding day and the day I fell in love with my mister. He was playing the piano at our friends wedding, when I arrived, I went right over and sat down by him and it was at that point I was smitten. It helped that he was in a tux. He cleaned up nice. I was used to seeing him in wingtip shoes and sweatpants (at the same time ladies!) It was all down hill from there. Then at our Pocatello reception, he surprised me and learned how to play my favorite song by ear (because sheet music wasn't available at the time.) Ahhhhh-romantic! There is just something about a guy playing the piano. And I'm lucky to have one in my life and I'm happy Jessica has her cute Bryson to play for her. A close second at the wedding--was the candy bar. Not an actual candy bar in a wrapper, but a candy buffet. Carrie managed to special order all sorts of treats in the colors of the wedding. I stocked up for the trip home :).





After the wedding festivities--we hit the outlets. And here's where it all happened. This is the place I found my yellow friend. While in GAP, I found a table of cardigans. The yellow looked so "springy" and let's face it--Utah weather has been a little too gray lately. I asked advice from my sisters--"What do you think of this yellow cardigan?" "Is the color okay for me?" Pretty soon I was "sold" on the yellow cardigan. A brave purchase. Because--after all, yellow? Within the next seven days, I managed to wear the cardigan 5 times. Who knew yellow was so versatile! By the time I donned the cardigan for the 5th time on Easter Sunday, I think my family thought I'd gone nuts. But it looked so cute with the gray maxi dress and I had the perfect necklace to tie the two together. I know a lot of people out there have fashion blogs. In fact one of my besties has a fashion blog. It's fun to peek at it every once in a while. It made me think--if I had a fashion blog, everyone would know what to do with a yellow cardigan. In reality--if I had a fashion blog, you'd get to see the many ways you can wear pajama bottoms. Maybe oneday, I'll share the versatility in PJ's.




Pictured below: Lindy, Janalee, Marianne, Me, My Mom, Jennie, My cousin Carrie, Becca (Carrie's daughter), Maya (Janalee's daughter), and Brinn (Lindy's daughter)
Dinner--with my patient dad in the background. He should be happy, he is surrounded by beauty....haha!
Our table of ladies at Jessica's wedding-Jennie, Jan, My cousin Lisa, Me, Marianne and LIndy with Tucker.
Sorry, no face shot here. Max took the pic.


PS--I can't wait to wear my yellow friend with my black and white polka dot skirt.

3 comments:

Marilee said...

Looks like fun... wish i coulda gone with! LOVE the yellow cardi... you are one diva!

jennie said...

that was the best trip! i had a blast being your roomie! haha! it really is too bad not all 8 of us gals could go :( it would have been Candy Cane Lane ALL over again!

p.s. your yellow cardi is hot. and my matchy red one is pretty much my fav now too!

Monica said...

I absolutely love the yellow cardigan. Anything to bring a little spring to this sad state.
So jealous of all your sisters. I remember when we were in high school, I think I pretty much adopted them as my own.