Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No potty words.

Max and Chase are in Kindergarten. They are in a class of 27, with three sets of twins. That poor teacher. She seems to handle it well. Yesterday, she sent home a homework packet. The kids are to start writing and illustrating their own books. She had some specific instructions: 1) Parents aren't allowed to help. 2) The child is expected to share the book in class and 3) No potty words. The "potty word" part made me laugh. This morning, we started our books and I can see now why this rule was on the instruction sheet. I was suggesting books to the boys--it went something like this:

Me: How about a book about your dad, you could call it "My Dad"

Max: Yes--I could say, My Dad Farts. (insert a raspy giggly voice here)

Me: BoldNo--no potty words. How about a book about Batman

Max: You mean Buttman? (giggles)

Me: Stop it with the potty words. How about a book on Animals?

Max: And we could show them pooping.... (giggles....)

Which begs the question(s).....

#1-Is this just a boy thing?

#2-If boys generally don't speak this way, why do ours? (Because we are so exhausted when it comes to parenting these two that we don't really care what they say, you know a "choose the battle" type thing?)

#3-Is it possible this rule was added to the paper because of Max and Chase?

Thoughts?

6 comments:

Marilee said...

I just laughed out loud... really loud... and woke Luke up from his nap! I wish I could have been there for this conversation... what a HOOOOT!

Amber said...

Lol. Its a "boy" thing. Although, Caden didnt. Ian and justin do though..maybe boys close together?!? Hmmm. Boys will be boys and farting and poo is just too much fun to talk about! Ha!

jennie said...

oh my goodness. hahaha pretty sure i haven't laughed that hard since the "oatmeal incident" haha i only hope my future kids are as funny as yours. seriously. and that facebook comment about the girls being hobo barbies? where did they come from!?

Monica said...

Like your sisters, I just laughted out loud. I think that the "no potty words" rule was specifically for Chase and Max. It is definitely a boy thing and the sad thing is, I don't think they ever grow out of thinking such comments are funny.

haley hoch said...

Hahahahaha :)

i love max and chase!

Jill said...

FUNNY! they are true blue boys!