Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Keds" these days.....

Ashley has been raving about a new shoe she wants. Once she saved up her $$$, we went shopping. Guess what type of shoe she was dying for.....KEDS! Man, it brought back memories of my very own blue label KEDS. Bright white and not flattering on my size 10 foot at all, but I still followed the fashion trend. They look a lot cuter on Ash. I myself have become more of a TOMS lover. While on the subject of trends....I haven't had a belt in my closet for a very long time. I used to be a belt collector. Just ask my room mates. In fact, I had so many belts, one time a gal that lived upstairs from us, Melanie came and took all of my belts. She then hooked them all together and "zigzagged" them across the apartment building, starting at the top floor, and draping them from side to side until she got to my apartment. But nearly twenty years later, I found myself beltless. I was a little mortified when I noticed "tucking in" was becoming a trend again. I decided to embrace it a few weeks ago. I still insist on wearing a jacket or cardigan when tucking in, I don't like showing too much of my backside. And trust me, most people are thankful I'm not sharing :)

3 comments:

Teri said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I had forgotten about hat. Miss those days.

jennie said...

i remember my keds! i had white ones and purple ones! i wore them with my black and purple leggings and purple shirt complete with ruffles all along the bottom(home made by Momma C) i love your flashback posts! more please!

Monica said...

I love the thought of me, you and Teri all laughing together. That belt train was so funny, I can still picture it.
I am so not down with the tucking in trend, it's far from ideal for my body.