Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sisterhood of the traveling skinny jeans....

Never in a million years did I think this was a trend worth repeating. Until I saw my lil sis Jill sporting the cutest skinny jeans ever! And let's be honest--I never said I wouldn't wear skinny jeans. I think it was the "pegged pants" I was always opposed to. And there is--a difference. So here is the texting "shake down" about my skinny jeans. It was so hilarious going back ond forth with my other little sister Jennie that I thought I'd share. It may only be funny to me and Jen, but that's okay with me....

Me: Hey Jen, how much do the GAP skinny jeans stretch?

J: Ummm...I've never worn those ones, I'd call Jill

Me: It stinks, I think I'm between sizes.

J: I think they are fairly stretchy though, if that helps

Me: Maybe I'll do a few squats and lunges and see how they feel

J: I don't know if they stretch near as much as AE, but they do stretch

Me: dang, I don't know what to do.

J: Well, what I would do is buy the smaller ones, wear them around the house for an hour or two and see how they feel...

Me: Am I crazy for repeating this trend?

J: Not at all! Haha i love mine! And the Gap ones are smokin hot! hahaha plus there's the added benefit of them supporting your vericose veins! Hahahaha jk!

Me: Ahhhh yes, support hose. That's how I will break the news to Robb about my new purchase. And if anybody laughs at me, I'll tell them they are the latest trend in support hose.

J:Hahaha! I know right?! All the benefits of smokin hot jeans PLUS support hose...who knew?

Me: I know seriously. Well, I'm off to start my walking lunges.

J: BAAAAhahaha thats right!

Me: I'll let you know how it goes


Man, texting is AWESOME!

And right after I wrote this post, my friend Cindy directed me to this blog on skinny jeans. It's worth the read. Apparantly, skinny jeans are quite the subject among middle aged women. www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com/2010/04/skinny-jeans.html

4 comments:

jennie said...

i've been waiting to read this! hahaha we are so funny! your jeans are dead sexy though. you are one Hott Momma!

Monica said...

Do you think you could get your insurance company to cover the "support jeans"?

haley hoch said...

LOL! :)

Jill said...

love the skinny jeans!