Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dances from Ashley and Emily's Junior year.

2011 Dances.  Ashley took the plunge and went to Sweetheart's.  Emily decided to keep the cash to herself and have a girls night out.
 
Ashley and her date, Aaron, on the far left.  Nice ride, right? 

The ladies, before picking up the boys.  Ashley was pretty excited to be on a group date with her cousin, Amanda.  She's the gorgeous gal wearing green.

It was a Masquerade theme...
Next up--Prom.  On July 12, 1995 I found out I was having twins.  Girl twins.  And I'm not gonna lie when I tell you that ever since that day, I've dreaded Junior Prom.  Not Homecoming, Sadies,  Sweethearts, or Morp.  Junior Prom.  And here's why.  I didn't get asked to Prom.  And deep down, of course I was disappointed.  Who wouldn't be?  Yet I survived. But the thought of one of them getting asked, and the other one not?  Ouch.  Double ouch.  Ashley and Emily have a great relationship and if that were the case, they would be so supportive of each other.  But I think both of them would cry in private.  The one going would cry tears for the one not going and the one not going, well she would just cry and wonder why but still be happy for her sister.  For two weeks, this is where we were at.  One going.  One not.  And then, a mom and dad's prayers were answered.

After their day date, we had an hour to work miracles and get them ready for the big night.  Luckily they have a very talented Aunt Jennie, who specializes in up dos. 

Jennie putting the finishing touches on Emily's hair.
Ashley's turn...
Voila!

Before the dates arrive...
Emily's best friend, Evan, asked her to the dance.  They've known each other since they were four.  



Bryant and Ashley.  I have a funny story to share about this date.  Maybe in a separate post?


What a lovely bunch :)

And last, Morp.  Emily went to this dance and Ashley didn't.  Maybe one day they will actually double at a girl's choice dance.  Emily asked a great kid from the neighborhood and had a great time with this bunch of kids.

 
Missing dance pics--Sadies and Snowball.  Maybe next time?

No comments: