Everyday for the past month I have vowed that I will update the ole' blog. After all, I have like THREE readers depending on me. Right? The days come and go and I go to bed without an update. Now if I had an immaculate home to show for my lack of blogging, then that would be understandable. But no, my home is messier than it has ever been, I rarely have time to cook a meal and I am realizing how many hours I need to put in to whip this place into shape. I feel like I can't get anything done....the minute I start something, I need to stop what I am doing and take a child somewhere, change laundry, get the boys a snack, turn on a video game, pick up someone from piano, go to the orthodontist, explain for the fifth time to my boys why they can't play every waking minute, pick up from cross country.....it's literally one thing after another. Combine that with a summer where several weeks have passed and we find ourselves "minus one" family member due to an--EFY, Oakcrest, overnight babysitting job, Trek, Florida trip, EFY (again). This week we are finally all home at the same time. It's nice. Next week--we will be separated again when the older three head off to girls camp. Life is busy. But I wouldn't trade a thing. When I start doing the math of when my "chickens" can start flying the coop, I get real sad. Life does really pass you by. Enjoy the journey right? And in the meantime, hope that they want to live with me when they "leave" for college.... below are some pics of what we've been up to....I joined Robb for his EFY speaking assignment in Florida. We flew into the Tampa Bay area, spent some time with our good friends the Emery's for a couple of days then we headed to Daytona Beach.
We both took a spin with a professional race car driver...you thought roller coasters made you queasy? At one point, I thought we were upside down. Funny story--Robb got two "ride alongs" His driver had to slow down quickly to accomodate a family of ducks crossing the speedway. After mama duck got her family to safety, he started his ride again.
4 comments:
speaking of time flying, i remember right where i was in Mom's house when i found out Ash and Em were TWINS! haha mom was fixing her hair or makeup in the good old back bathroom, and i was sitting on her bed! haha seems crazy that some of my nieces and nefey-poos are old enough to drive!
You HAVE been busy. Seems like things would slow down in Summer but nope!
Fun to see the pics and catch up with ya, soon you'll be posting pics of the dirty dash!
So wish I could have done the stadium of fire too, I know a 35 yr old that kinda likes Brad too haha.
your house NOT immaculate? I don't buy it...but it does give me hopes that you are normal like the rest of us, after all. Love and miss you guys :)
I'm glad to see that you are all alive and well. Looks like a fun summer, and you claim that all your kids do is work???
Post a Comment