Last night Uncle Justin (Jill's husband) babysat the boys at his home so we could go and listen to Robb speak at a fireside. The boy's have not stopped talking about their time at the Stewarts! All we have heard about is their cousins--Parker and"Teej" (TJ) and the eggs that the boys gathered from their chicken coop. We were even the lucky recipients of one dozen fresh eggs gathered by the boys. During the long drive home from Benjamin to Salt Lake, the boys kept asking if they could "hatch their eggs." They were sure a baby rooster would come out if we'd give them the chance. When we got home, they cradled their eggs like little babies and we had to bribe them to go to bed. I promised them the next morning we'd "hatch the eggs." And wouldn't you know it--right when they woke up they went straight for the refrigerator and fetched their eggs. I finally convinced them we could "hatch" them but unfortunately, the eggs would be used for banana bread instead of a new baby rooster. They were finally convinced and the baking began...thanks Jilly and Justin for helping us out last night! 
Mmmmmmm YUMMY!!
5 comments:
They are the absolute cutest little guys. How fun and that bread looks delicious..any leftovers for your neighbor 2 doors down???
Glad you posted again:)
The eggs look nice and all, but I really want the bannana bread. Yum.
Hey melissa...I miss you too!!!! This brought back memories of my oldest when she tried to hatch an egg. She stole it from the fridge and wrapped it in paper towel with a washcloth and stuck it in her shoe. How funny they are with the things they think of.....Hers didn't make it long before it broke in her shoe:)
I am glad that the boys had a fun time! Parker and Teej keep asking when they can come again. So what should I tell them?!?
We can get you a chick if you want but then they grow up to be scary chickens... with razor sharp talons. Just ask Marilee, she is petrified of them!
cute story! thanks for the lesson today. It was great! Now I know who to ask when I need someone to teach last minute for me-j/k!
Post a Comment