Friday, October 3, 2008

Picture Day...

I try to take yearly pictures of our kids. Since Max and Chase aren't in school, it usually involves a trip to Kiddie Kandids. You have to know what goes on the night before--well actually, days before. We call Grandma Cowan to see if she's available to help corral the two guys. You never know when one might disappear into the Build a Bear stuffing machine located right across the hall. Once G'ma is confirmed, we start planning the wardrobe. All mom's can agree, this is a nightmare. Then, the day before, I send Robb to the grocery store to stock up on treats that they hardly ever get (bribery!). Night before, pack the diaper bag, layout the clothes, morning of, make sure they are hydrated--I'm serious (lol!) You of course have to plan the trip early enough so they won't fall asleep on the way there. The whole way there you coach them on exactly what is expected. You nearly have an anxiety attack walking into the studio, crossing all fingers and toes that you will walk out of there with at least one (in our case two) decent smiles. After all of that preparation--here is the final result. Not too shabby for planning days in advance! Oh yeah--I arrived before my mom, they started taking the pictures and the boys were as cute as could be. As soon as Grandma walked in they were way to distracted, so--for the first time in many years, I have actually taken pictures on my very own. All other photo shoots have taken nearly three adults--No lie! We have some pretty funny stories from trying to get Max and Chase to cooperate.


Here they are-- full on laughing.



Chase

Max


Max on the left, Chase on the right.

This picture looks like Max is holding his little brother. In a sense, I guess that's true since they are only 3 minutes apart.


So yay! It's done!
























14 comments:

Jaime said...

These two crack me up, they are so cute! I could imagine the stories you could tell about these two! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

jennie said...

they are already little lady killers! DANG cute pictures! it was hard for me to choose one for my collection! I swear the tailorshop gals were gushing aobut how cute they were for hours! I'm glad they turned out well...and thanks for the Picture Planning directions, this will come in handy when I (someday) have to tke my own Kiddies to the Kiddie Kandids!

Kati said...

Melissa, they are looking way grown up in those pictures! They turned out great, Way to go Mom!

David and Janalee said...

I hate trying picutres with Maya, I literally end up with a migraine and so stressed out! Last good pic of Maya that we got she had a gummie bear stored in her cheek from her bibery!
The Twinadoes are really photogentic! Good Job guys! Still laughing at all the flipping they were doing last time I was at your house for the Layton Lia thing..you got yourself some cutie patootie boys-
Jan

Amber said...

These boys are the cutest. I love all the pictures, especially that first one. I love their outfits too. Now you can look back and say all your work was worth it. Way to go Max and Chase, and you too...your right, it sure is a ton of work and you get it in double ;)

Marilee said...

sooooo cute! we love the boysies! i love their clothes!

Natalie said...

They look awesome! I can't wait to get my copies!

Natalie said...

They look cute as ever! I can't wait to get my copies!

Teri said...

I can't even imagine. I am DREADING taking Lily for her 1 year pics. And she is only one child...
How could they ever get in trouble with faces like that?

Jill said...

Just the thought of pictures sends a shiver down my spine. Parker thinks that his "tiger or bear" impression is best for those days...

Hooray for your cute lil' men. They look adorable!

Lora said...

Getting ready for pictures really is a nightmare! I find myself doing it less and less because it is such a project. They look dang cute and turned out awesome!

Haley's Life said...

They turned out great mom! I wish I would've come instead of school. (although it wasn't a choice)
lol
~haley

Amber said...

whew, I got tired just reading your post. What an adventure. The pics turned out way cute, though!

Teresa Jordan said...

I've never seen your boys. They are so handsome! I don't know how you keep up with everything Melissa. You're my idol. I haven't taken my kids to Kiddie Kandid's for ten years.