The last week of June, Ashley and Robb flew into Dulles Airport and took a rental car down to Southern Virginia University--the site of an Especially For Youth program, where Robb spoke to a group of 300 teenagers. After hours, they visited some Civil War sites, as well as Monticello (Jefferson's home in the hills above Charlottesville). At the conclusion of the youth activity, they spent a day in Washington, D.C., with Robb's friend, Devin Toma. They visited Manassas National Battlefield Park, Arlington National Cemetery, The Holocaust Museum, The Capitol, the National Archives, and National Mall & Memorial Parks. They had a great time. Be sure to ask Ashley for all the details, including the missionary experience they had on the plane.
5 comments:
I am jealous! I just love Washington D.C. all the neat historical spots it's a great place to visit! What a fun trip to take with your dad, Ashley will always remeber and cherish that time with Robb.
What a great father-daughter trip! I have always wanted to go the Holocaust museum since I took a class on it in college, so I'm jealous.
I'm jealous! Lucky Girl! looks like they had tons of fun...I can't wait to hear the details! lusdch!
I love to visist D.C. and see all the sites.
What a fun daddy daughter trip! I'm sure Ashley will remember it for a long time.
I can't believe how grown up the girls are looking! It's so fun to see how you are doing. I miss you guys and hope all is well!
Post a Comment