It’s hard to believe that this phase of our lives has come to an end. It’s the only life we’ve known for quite sometime: Robb in school. I will admit the last two years of his doctorate have actually been the easiest for me and hardest for him. Easy for me, because there were no more night classes. Hard for him, because of the dissertation. The most draining phase of the program was when we lived in Taylorsville. Robb schooled two nights a week, served in the Bishopric, and taught twenty piano students. Ashley and Emily were two and Haley was a newborn. As we look back, however, we see the hand of the Lord in our lives, blessing us beyond measure. Robb has always amazed me with the priority he puts on the family. On several occasions, Robb has been harassed for making his friends “look bad” because he is so involved with helping me out at home.
By getting his doctorate, Robb followed the example of his Dad. I only wish I could say I followed that of his Mother. She is a champ! She actually typed out Dean’s 500 page dissertation on a TYPEWRITER—with four kids under five. That feat alone deserves a doctorate. All I can say is thank heaven for computers! Dean and Nancy were a great support to Robb—editing, proofing and offering suggestions. You’ll notice in the slide show, they were unable to be at Robb’s graduation because they are serving a mission in South Africa.
A big thanks, also, to my mom and dad. On several occasions, when Robb was in the middle of his hectic schedule, I’d drive down to Payson with the kids and spend a weekend at my parents. And on many occasions I’d call my mom (mother of twelve—amazing!) for advice on kids, cooking and of course, maintaining sanity.
Congratulations Robb!
P.S. Although he earned his doctorate at the U of U, he still bleeds Cougar blue...
9 comments:
YEAH for ROBB! congrats! That is a great accomplishment! All I cansay is....... GO COUGS!
ahh...I always knew I'd have a doctor for a brother in law... CONGRATS DOCTOR BOB! too bad it had to be from the U...just kidding! it's a fine institution...they just aren't the COUGS! ;D
Congrats to Doc Robb and the family. Pics are awesome!
Congrats to Robb, and Yeah for Liss! That's really great! The slide show is super cute. Ash and Em are growing up way too quick! From the pictures it looks like boys will be swarming your place soon. Good thing Robb is done with school so he can start practicing the whole gun cleaning Knife sharpening routine!
Good Job, Dr. Bob! Congrats goes out to you too Melissa. You know he could not have done it without all your patience and support!
What a great accomplishment and looks like such a great day. The slideshow was fantastic...and what's wrong with the U? ;)
Hooray for Robb! I'm glad he still claims BYU-go cougs!
Way to Go Party Bob! You are one incredible guy and your wife is pretty awesome too. We are proud of you!
Tell Robb congrats
Post a Comment