A rare moment--both of the boys looking at the camera!
Long ago, I made a vow that I would NEVER put a child on a leash. I will keep that promise of never putting a child on a leash; instead, I will be putting TWO children on leashes! Long story short: after a crazy morning getting ready for the zoo, Max and Chase lasted in the "limo" (a long, hard-to-handle double stroller) for about twenty minutes. So, there I was running around with an empty stroller, trying to contain two wandering toddlers. Gracie was her usual sweet and patient self, trying to help me with the boys while in search of the mother of her "Webkins" hippopotomus--unfortunately, the happy reunion never took place (the hippopotomus must have been sleeping, hiding, or meeting with DCFS regarding the abandonment of her child). Luckily, my good friend Amber (who has four kids of her own) was there to save the day. She ended up pushing my stroller while I chased my little monkeys. WHAT A DAY!
9 comments:
looks like a grand time at good ol' Hogle Zoo! You need one leash with two harnesses--that way they can be together to make Max a happy monkey.
Janalee
Crazy and fun, what else should we expect with all these boys. I do wonder where that hippo was...poor Gracie will have to wait until next time to reunite them.
Sounds like you guys had a great time! If nothing else at least you got your exercise! Cute pictures! We should plan a day to take all the kids,now that would be crazy!
Those who say they will never use a leash are those without boys. I said the same thing until I had Caleb.
I bet the boysies loved the freedom! I can say that I thought a leash would be nice while we were at the zoo...:) JK
NOOOOO!!! dont do it! leashes are NOT my idea of a good time, but then I'm sure chasing those boysies around the zoo isn't really in your top 5 favorite things to do! love you lissy!
Oh, Melissa...you never cease to amaze me. Do you teach lessons on patience in parenting? Looks like the kiddos had fun, though!
You are one brave Chiquita! I too have been very close to breaking my child-leash self promise with the "Parkenator". I still sometimes long for a leash for him or better yet a room with padded walls that he cannot escape....
That is so funny, oh Melissa you crack me up! I honestly don't know how you do it! I only have two kids that keep me running, I can't imagine having twin boys plus all the girls. You are one GREAT MAMA! I Love You Man!
Post a Comment