Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quiet times...

Earlier this morning, it got quiet. They kind of quiet where you know something isn't right. What would it be this time? Sharpie markers on the blinds, food storage raid, dumping a wagon full of dirt in my shower, vaseline everywhere, fingernail polish artwork, emptying every bin possible in their bedroom. It always surprises me how fast they "get the job done." Usually I'm doing something innocent, like changing laundry, loading the dishwasher, or heaven forbid--going to the bathroom. Well today, it got quiet. I checked in on the boys to see what was up only to find they had downed a nearly a WHOLE bucket of Easter candy. Nerds were everywhere and "sucker-less" sucker sticks dotted the floor. I wasn't sure what I was most upset about--the fact that they had consumed a years worth of sugar in 5 minutes or that I didn't raid the basket first. Seriously, who still has Easter candy in June? Apparently Haley does...

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Dude, did you pick up the Nerds? I would have. Easter Candy? Still?? Well, in Haley's defense, she WAS in California just after Easter. Maybe she forgot?

Teresa Jordan said...

Love the funny stories about your boys. Sounds like they keep you on your toes. It was great to see you at Brick Oven. I miss you!

David and Janalee said...

my boys leared early on that according to maya any saved candy in thier rooms was fair game for her(or for thier mom if it was any form of chocolate)! Good luck with that sugar high and with the downer that follows it- and seriously- dirt in your shower? Tanner is all sorts of impressed with these two little cousins of his...and mad that he never thought of that!

haley hoch said...

thank you shelly! yes, i was in cali the week after, I put it in my closet and then the boys hunted it down... true story